Yeah, I’ve written some ideas for horror comics but never drawn them, I feel like maybe my work is too based in comfort for that.
my favorite creators to do horror comics are Junji Ito and Emily Carroll.
here’s Ito drawing of Lovecraft: I grew up reading Lovecraft’s stuff. I guess he’s on the sci fi end of horror. with lots of old aliens and ancient creatures of the deep. I feel like he was the 1st artist whose work made me deal with the idea that I could sometimes like work when I found the person to have some lame ideas. Like how Lovecraft’s work seems powered by a fear of the other that also had him spouting some shitty racist ideas.
legalize but, i guess, don’t decriminalize?
lot of white kids outside new seasons really excited to get a signature for the one but nobody’s asked me to sign for the other, i’m sure that’s next on their list probably
I have never seen such perfect sentences.
A man on a motorcycle got mad at me because, at a four way stop where people cross the street without looking, I waited through several rounds of people crossing and cars from all the other stop signs to go before taking my turn, which he turning right from the next stop sign over had thought was HIS turn, so he tailgated me down the street, pulled up next to me, and punched the window of my car on the driver’s side before driving off.
Southern California, my friends. Where honking is not okay, but physically intimidating women in their cars is totally cool.
“The final line to present was Chubby Cartwheels, who served some serious kitschy-chic style. The collection was full of crop tops, leather/pleather skirts, and campy food based prints, such as french fries and doughnuts. There were also lots of sheers and a little bit of leopard. This collection pretty much thumbed it’s nose at every fashion rule in the book, and the results were perfect.”
Loved what they had to say! Check out the article to see pieces from all the amazing designers at the event! So much amazing fat fashion!
Congrats Shawna of Chubby Cartwheels - what a beautiful collection and such an achievement!
This seems to have passed below the radar of the mainstream media but it has been reported on mostly zionist sites. +972 magreports on it thus:If you still see daylight between Israel’s current bloodletting and its state-sanctioned policy toward the Palestinians, have a look at what the deputy speaker of the Knesset, Moshe Feiglin, posted on his official website Tuesday. It’s a seven-point tract named, without a hint of irony, “My Outline for a Solution for Gaza.”
And here’s the statement in full:
- Ultimatum – One warning from the Prime Minister of Israel to the enemy population, in which he announces that Israel is about to attack military targets in their area and urges those who are not involved and do not wish to be harmed to leave immediately. Sinai is not far from Gaza and they can leave. This will be the limit of Israel’s humanitarian efforts. Hamas may unconditionally surrender and prevent the attack.
- Attack – Attack of the entire ‘target bank’ throughout the Gaza Strip with the IDF’s maximum force (and not a tiny fraction of it) with all the conventional means at its disposal. All the military and infrastructural targets will be attacked with no consideration for ‘human shields’ or ‘environmental damage’. It is enough that we are hitting exact targets and that we gave them advance warning.
- Siege – Parallel to the above, a total siege on Gaza. Nothing will enter the Strip. Israel, however, will allow exit from Gaza. (Civilians may go to Sinai, fighters may surrender to IDF forces).
- Defense – Any place from which Israel or Israel’s forces were attacked will be immediately attacked with full force and no consideration for ‘human shields’ or ‘environmental damage’.
- Conquer – After the IDF will complete the softening of the targets with its aerial and long distance fire-power, it will send in infantry to conquer the entire Gaza Strip, using all the means necessary to minimize any harm to our soldiers, with no other considerations.
- Elimination- The GSS and IDF will thoroughly eliminate all armed enemies from Gaza. The enemy population that is innocent of wrong-doing and separated itself from the armed terrorists will be treated in accordance with international law and will be allowed to leave. Israel will generously aid those who wish to leave.
- Sovereignty – Gaza is part of our Land and we will remain there forever. Liberation of parts of our land forever is the only thing that justifies endangering our soldiers in battle to capture land. Subsequent to the elimination of terror from Gaza, it will become part of sovereign Israel and will be populated by Jews. This will also serve to ease the housing crisis in Israel. The coastal train line will be extended, as soon as possible, to reach the length of the Gaza Strip. According to polls, most of the Arabs in Gaza wish to leave. Those who were not involved in anti-Israel activity will be offered a generous international emigration package. Those who choose to remain will receive permanent resident status. After a number of years of living in Israel and becoming accustomed to it, contingent on appropriate legislation in the Knesset and the authorization of the Minister of Interior on a case by case basis, those who personally accept upon themselves Israel’s rule, substance and way of life of the Jewish State in its Land, will be offered Israeli citizenship.
When reality television star and fashion blogger Lauren Conrad was asked what her “favorite position” was on a live radio program a while back, the women listening held their breath. Although we take great pride in the work that we do, most of us could relate to being undermined and belittled publicly at work. When Conrad cleverly retorted “CEO,” it was hard not to aggressively high-five our laptop and mobile devices. The words “hell” and “yeah” could be heard all across the nation.
And to all those who make grand utopian proclamations of the Israeli army’s “humanity,” I give you perspective from someone actually on the ground.